Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Transferring the data collected in Word Document to Excel File

SubbuSharma
8 - Asteroid

Hello, 

I am in a peculiar situation where in I have to transfer the data collected in Word Documents (two documents) into an Excel File separately. Huge volume of template come into mailbox everyday and transferring the data (word docs to excel file) manually could manual errors. Are there alternative solution to Alteryx? Could you please help me get out of this situation. I have attached the dummy word document template for your reference. 

Best Regards

Subbu

3 REPLIES 3
cjaneczko
13 - Pulsar

I don't believe word docs are readable in Alteryx. If the files were saved as PDF you could use the PDF input tool to get the information out of the file though. Or with the use of the intelligence suite, which would also need to be in PDF format.

SubbuSharma
8 - Asteroid

Thank you. Could you please share a dummy workflow that I could use it for my reference. Please let me know

bamo
5 - Atom

Hello

According to me you can explore other automation tools like Power Automate or Apache NiFi to automate the process of transferring data from Word documents to Excel files to avoid manual errors. If the problem is not solved then you can check this-

https://www.techrepublic.com/article/transfer-data-from-word-forms-to-an-excel-worksheet/ skills required rpa developer

Professional (software engineer)
Labels