Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

To fill an empty field using multi row tool

Tid14
8 - Asteroid

Hi, I am working on a dataset where in I have to apply some formula using Multi row to fetch the result

In the image attached, 

I want to apply formula wherein, if Row 1 and Row 2 of column A are both same, then the empty field of Column B should have same data that is in Row 2 of Column B which is “SAP096543”

Any help on this?

7493E638-984C-4A44-9B5B-7EF4E8454D48.jpeg

5 REPLIES 5
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Tid14 One way of doing this

image.png

Raj
15 - Aurora

@Tid14 Another method attached

Tid14
8 - Asteroid

Hi @Raj can you please send me screenshot of the WF attached. i am not able to download it.

thanks in advance :)

Raj
15 - Aurora

@Tid14 please find attached

mark done if solved.

1163.png

jdminton
12 - Quasar

You might want to consider a different approach. I'm not certain if this will be it since I don't know your data, but this method will identify all of the associated columnA records and fill in columnB without needing a multi-row tool. Also, you may end up with more than one record that would match requiring several multi-row formula tools to get everything correct. This would eliminate that need. It may need adjustments based on your actual data though.

Snag_70786276.png

Summarize tool config:

Snag_7078a423.png

Labels