Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Testing particular condition logic

gvidishev99
6 - Meteoroid

Hi all,

I am new to Alteryx and I want to find if there is a specific tools for my particular task. I have an Excel spreadsheet with data located, let's say, in rows. I want to design a work flow that would test a condition of comparing data in one row to another. For example, if there is data in row 1 then it must be 0.8 of the value in row 2.  So, the condition is value in row 1= 0.8 X value in row 2. If this condition is not met, the work flow is producing an error message. I can think of a number of "if statements" in Formula tool, but I wonder if there is a more elegant way of testing it. Another question, if a condition is not met, how I can change formatting of the failed cell, for example, make the font red and bold. I do not want to put it in another column and make the spreadsheet bigger.

Thank you for your help.

Grigory

3 REPLIES 3
grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

@gvidishev99, try using multirow formula and generate a flag field this might solve your purpose and you can filter out only true values.

If you could provide some sample data and expected output we might be able to help you in designing the workflow.

Thanks!

Sapna Gupta
Pawel_Paleczny
9 - Comet

Hello Grigory,

I think that the most efficient option for your case will be MultiRow Formula, where you can check previous cell (it might produce new column but only in Alteryx side not in spreadsheet directly), next you can based on this new column automated email sending ie. using Email tool or Event functonality. Regarding conditional formatting you can do it in Table tool, I've requested to embed such functionality additionally in Formula tool (https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Ideas/Conditional-formatting-in-Formula-tool/idi-p...

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@gvidishev99 one way of dong this with the Multi-Row tool and the Table tool

binuacs_0-1658936835555.png

Labels