Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Tableau Output Connector v1.4.1 issue after Designer upgrade to 24.1

sagarghimire
7 - Meteor

Could you point me to the right direction as to what might be causing this error? Working fine before the upgrades ( connector + Alteryx).

Error: Tableau Output (454): syntax error: got "table", expected identifier, stringliteral:
line 1, column xx: INSERT INTO temp_table SELECT * FROM table

3 REPLIES 3
michaelkostinovski
7 - Meteor

Many ongoing issues... I was able successfully connect it and run with ONE output source after multiple attempts :). However, adding more than 2 outputs in the same workflow creates additional challenges. No solution at the moment and we are trying to engage Alteryx support team... I am using 2021.4.2 version of Alteryx and the latest "Tableau Output" v1.4.1

Additional Errors identified:
1. “Failed to signin to Tableau”
2. “NoneType” object has no attribute “get”
3. “Failed to connect to the server”
4. “Expecting value: line 1 column 1 (char 0)”

Thanks

sagarghimire
7 - Meteor

deleting the tool and re-adding it to the workflow resolved it. 

michaelkostinovski
7 - Meteor

actually Block Until Done tool usage in the workflow resolve it. Apparently, it is waiting for the handshake a little longer, so you have to apply this block in the workflow with more than 2 outputs

Thanks 

Labels