Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

TONUMBER lost information in conversion (reverse the sign)

Taxguy03
9 - Comet

Hi All, 

We have this workflow that used to work fine. The workflow reverses the sign for trial balance Liability and Revenue accounts (6 digit number -range of accounts) with a negative sign. It was an attempt to have the trial balance follow the true accounting sign.

After we added a new alpha account with "FCCS_Retained Earnings Prior" in the workflow, it would run but wouldn't bring some accounts (letter /alpha/ digits) and provide with this message above. We did have some alpha accounts before (i.e. GLSDOP, GLSTax) and the workflow just worked fine. 

I have attached a sample data set and the broken workflow (.yxzp) below. Hopefully, one of our community experts can crack the code and help us. 

2 REPLIES 2
Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @Taxguy03 

This is a warning happening because you have accounts that aren't numbers. When you check for ToNumber(Account) to be between a range Alteryx can't convert those ones. See attached, I've restructured your formula to check for the non-numeric accounts first, then added a 'IsInteger' clause to check if the account can be converted to a number before actually doing it.

Luke_C_0-1623352096854.png

Taxguy03
9 - Comet

@Luke_Cs

So grateful for your quick help. I have used my actual data with your revised workflow and all worked well.

This is the community we can trust and depend on when we need help. Thanks again. 

Labels