Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Struggling with case sensitive headers and dynamic replace tool....

Paul_s_Moody
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I'm using an Alterxy workflow to compare the Excel ouptut from the original process with a new one running through Alteryx.

However, the case of headers in Excel isn't always consistent with those from the Altercy process so are marked as being "different" in my comparison workflow.

A very simple case:

After running the transpose tool I have Excel data in the workflow looking like:

IDExcel_NameExcel_Value
Rec_1DOB15/08/1995
Rec_1DOL23/06/2006
Rec_1Retire17/09/2010

In order to TRY to get round this problem, I've added a dynamic replace tool to change the cases of the DOB and DOL. I'm already using the tool to change "Retire" to "DoR"  so adding 2 rows was the easy approach.

Similarly my Alteryx data looks like:

IDAlteryx_NameAlterxy_Value
Rec_1DoB15/08/1995
Rec_1DoL23/06/2006
Rec_1DoR17/09/2010

However, it looks like the dynamic replace tool isn't recognising the case change as something needing to be changed, because it happily updated "Retire" to "DoR".

The workflow then uses a join tool on ID and *_Name to get:

IDExcel_NameExcel_ValueAlteryx_NameAlterxy_Value
Rec_1DOB15/08/1995  
Rec_1DOL23/06/2006  
Rec_1  DoB15/08/1995
Rec_1  DoL23/06/2006
Rec_1DoR17/09/2010DoR17/09/2010

Is there a way to get the dynamic replace tool to allow for changing DOB to DoB, etc, or do I have to manually change the outputs before I can compare them?

Thanks in advance

1 REPLY 1
Paul_s_Moody
8 - Asteroid

Note:

After posting the question, I exited Alteryx designer, turned everything off and on again and the dynamic replace seemed to work (eventually).

So is this a cache issue?

Labels