Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Stop macro when no longer receiving records for Exit output

oracleoftemple
9 - Comet

Is there a way to make an iterative macro stop running when there are no longer any records being generated through the Exit output?  Currently I'm having to set a Maximum Number of Iterations.  I don't know how high to set that number, so I'd like to just be able to exit the loop when there are no more records being received for output.

2 REPLIES 2
StellaBon
11 - Bolide

I haven't used it on an iterative macro but the Test Tool (In the Developer Tools) is very handy for things like this:

First, in the Test tool configuration there is an options "Record Count Matches Specific Value" so if you chose that and set the test value to something like >= 1 then when the record count hits zero the test will fail. 

The second step to this would be to go into your Workflow Configuration window--> Runtime, and check off the box "cancel running workflow on error". Hope this helps, let me know if it works!

oracleoftemple
9 - Comet

should the second step be done in the macro or in the workflow that I'm using the macro in?

Labels