Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Splitting a column data into separate tabs.

DataPirate26
10 - Fireball

Hello, 

I want to split the data of a particular Input sheet having a collated data to separate tabs and further to separate workbooks based on a particular column "COMPANY" . 

So each Tabs will be having specifically the data for that particular company and then also should create a separate excel workbook with the company name. For example (Chemical org.xlsx, LMX.xlsx etc) as attached below. 

The first 2 rows will be blank in each tabs and the service subtotal and associate subtotal will be displaying the summarize total leaving one row as given. 

1.The Input test File has the given collated input data sheet and also the tabs how it will look after splitting. 

2. The chemical.org xlsx file is an example how the separate workbooks with that company name shall come up. 

Can someone assist me to get the desired result. 

13 REPLIES 13
gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

Hi @DataPirate26, please see attached.

gabrielvilella_0-1647401549431.png

DataPirate26
10 - Fireball

@gabrielvilella . The Solution is perfect for creating separate Excel workbooks. But I also want to create Separate Tabs in the Same File where it has the input sheet. Just beside the input sheet it will have separate tabs for different company name. So basically 2 tasks needs to be achieved at the same time. Will it be possible to modify the logic ?

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@DataPirate26 I used @gabrielvilella workflow and added the extra steps, hope this helps

binuacs_0-1647427501297.png

DataPirate26
10 - Fireball

@binuacs Hi. Sorry This is not what i was talking about. So the 1st part is beside the Input sheet I need all the separate tabs in a single file. Also Along with that I need those tabs separately in different output files which would be exactly how @gabrielvilella gave the solution. So the 2nd part is Fine. But for the 1st part i would need all the output tabs in 1 File. Screenshot attached below. 

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@DataPirate26 updated the workflow 

binuacs_0-1647434658226.png

DataPirate26
10 - Fireball

@binuacs This is not working and throwing an error. Screenshot attached below. 

@gabrielvilella Can you help out with a solution how to Split further the Input sheet into separate tabs based on the company name. I want separate tabs. The 1st solution you gave was creating separate workbooks that is perfect. I need the same data also but splitted into separate tabs. 

gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

Hey @DataPirate26, please see if this is what you are looking for. 

gabrielvilella_0-1647484287197.png

DataPirate26
10 - Fireball

@gabrielvilella Exactly this is working perfect now. Thanx a lot. 

DataPirate26
10 - Fireball

@gabrielvilella can you tell me why I am getting this message. attached screenshot below. This is the same workflow for creating separate tabs for each of the names in a particular field. I am not getting the complete output. 

Labels