Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Special Characters in Header and Dropdown UI

JulianS1
5 - Atom

Hey all, 

I am trying to set up an Alteryx App with a dropdown menu which contains special characters.

So far I ve been first getting all the desired dropdown selections as a header and in a second step used these headers as an input for the dropdown menu. As I understand, the problem now is that Alteryx headers have certain imitations regarding the allowed characters. Can you maybe help me with some ideas how I would be able to get dropdown selections with special characters into the UI?

Overall Workflow

JulianS1_0-1618401100924.png

1. Dynamically created descriptions 

JulianS1_1-1618401117930.png

2. Descriptions to headers 

JulianS1_2-1618401130583.png

3. Dropdown UI

JulianS1_3-1618401158039.png

Maybe there is a way to allow special characters in headers or is there also another way to get strings as a selection for the dropdown?

Thank you for the help!

Julian

2 REPLIES 2
markcurry
12 - Quasar

Hi @JulianS1 

See @DavidP 's blog on preserving the headers with the Transpose tool.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Engine-Works/Can-the-real-Field-Name-please-stand-up/ba-p/611088

I hope that helps,

Mark

JulianS1
5 - Atom

Hey Markcurry!

Nice! Works like a charm 🙂

Thanks a lot! 

Julian

Labels