Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Spatial objects - polygon

jasatt
7 - Meteor

Hello -

I am trying to join lines (spatial objects) into a Polygon, however the two towns that I started with seem to overlap, even though they souldn't.

I attached the files that I am using - the administrative boundaries file is here (I couldn't attach to post): 

https://msdi.data.gov.mt/geonetwork/srv/eng/catalog.search#/metadata/90b4e2d2-2b5a-4329-a74d-4dde3ac...

Would be great if you can help!

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

hi @jasatt 

Could you please share your workflow as a package?

Go to Options > Export Workflow.

This way it will come with all the data.

Cheers,

CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

If you want to not worry about any overlap and stack them all together, you can use the Summarize and Formula tools. 

In the attached example solution, I used a Summarize tool: Add >Spatial > Combine. This creates a combined set of lines. I then used a spatial function in the formula tool (ST_CreatePolygon) to create a polygon object from that combination of lines.

@Thableaus I found the files he referenced and saved them as Text Inputs if you want to check them out. 

20190423-MaltaBoundaries.png

Is this the output you were looking for?

jasatt
7 - Meteor

Hello -

The zip file is attached.

@CharlieS  - the output you showed me is great; the polygon is much more detailed than I had, but I need the boundaries.

FYI I only attached two towns; but I need to cover the whole island (which I am still working on).

Thanks for your help!

jasatt
7 - Meteor

Thanks @CharlieS  - just grouped by town and the polygon is now perfect.

Thanks for your help!

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels