Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Snowflake SQL runs in snowflake but not in the input tool

Watermark
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

I have an input tool with a rather large Snowflake SQL (wasn't my choice per se I'm rewriting someone else's  MS-server SQL ), anyhow, the query runs without a problem 'in' snowflake itself, but when I run it from Alteryx it fails.  Let me state up front within this same flow I have 14 other snowflake converted queries that all run fine.  They all connect to same source etc so it's not an issue of connecting correctly. I'm thinking something more obscure? 

Any suggestions where to look at welcome. 

MT

2 REPLIES 2
ChrisTX
15 - Aurora

Is a message given when it fails?  Diagnosing problems with large SQL can be challenging.

It could be something as simple as a single quote being interpreted as a different character.

I usually try to start with part of the SQL, see if it works, then add more joins and where clauses.

Start with a SELECT, only the fields from the primary table, and only WHERE clauses from  the primary table.  Then add one or two more tables and joins.

Trial-and-error can be tedious, but is sometimes the only option.

Chris

apathetichell
19 - Altair

Red flag - is there a SET, a variable (ie a $value) or some kid of CTAS (WITH X as ....) the WITH may work on canvas but will not work In-DB.

Labels