Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Small Numbers Return 0

jyeung753
7 - Meteor

Hi Everyone, 

I was hoping someone could help solve why some of my data (values which are rather small) return 0 when I run my workflow and output the data. 

The data looks fine when input, however once the workflow runs, all small numbers either return 0 or blank. I have tried using the select tool to change the data type to fixed decimal and so on. 

It would be greatly appreciated if anyone has a solution to this problem. See reference material. 

Thank you 

3 REPLIES 3
RSreeSurya
9 - Comet

Hello,

I tried running your workflow, the numbers look fine and the total is also inline with the excel total. Could you please give an example , in which row number you are getting blanks  or 0 along with screenshot, this helps to understand the issue. 

jyeung753
7 - Meteor

Hi, 

I figured it out. I am using the Find Replace tool for the data mentioned in this workflow - I failed to realize I was appending the data with some rows not containing a CUSIP. Which was the factor reading in the data. After some adjustments I am able to return all lines of data without 0's. 

I will mark this solved, thank you!

Yoshiro_Fujimori
15 - Aurora

Hi @jyeung753 ,

I do not see zero or blank in the output data of your workflow.

But I see that the Select tool is configured to convert the number columns to Fixed Decimal (255.4), which is causing conversion errors.

Select tool configuration

Yoshiro_Fujimori_0-1684941258776.png

Conversion errors

Yoshiro_Fujimori_1-1684941410550.png

If you don't have a specific reason to use Fixed Decimal,

I would recommend changing the data type Double which will not cause conversion errors.

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels