Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Show Gross and Net Count of Changes of Records

kat53191
6 - Meteoroid

Good Morning,

I am hoping someone can help me think through the most efficient way to do this.  Basically, I have a list of SKUs from our monthly inventory.  What I want to see is the count of NEW (+) SKUs, count of DELETED (-) SKUs, and calculate the net change to equal the total count of SKUs per month.  Below is some dummy data that shows what the input table would look like and my desired output:

Input 

MonthSKU
JanBag
JanPurse
FebBag
FebPurse
FebHat
MarPurse
MarHat
MarGlove

Desired Output   

Month+-Net ChangeTotal Count
Jan2022
Feb1013
Mar1-103

Appreciate your help!

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @kat53191 

See if this works (attached).

I don't have much time to explain the solution but basically you need to create a table with all possible combinations of SKU and Month, do a Count, and then compare the net change for each combination across the months.

You also need to Parse the month name to a month number so you can keep track of time. If this is a year month combination, no worries, you can parse it to YearMonth and sort them correctly.

Thableaus_1-1644421122141.png

Let me know what you think.

Cheers,

gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

Hi @kat53191, you may need an iterative macro for this. Here is how to do it.

gabrielvilella_0-1644420569382.png

gabrielvilella_1-1644420595243.png

RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @kat53191 ,

my approach looks like this:

2022-02-09_16-50-27.jpg

IT's based on comparing SKUs in a month's  inventory with last/next month inventory.

Let me know if it works for you.

Best,

Roland

kat53191
6 - Meteoroid

@Thableaus This worked for me!  Thank you so much!

Labels