Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Sharepoint Files input tool

MartWClimber
9 - Comet

In one of my workflow i use a Sharepoint Files input tool (to connect to a 365 Sharepoint environment). this tool is not standard within Alteryx but Alteryx provides this with an yxi file. 

last week I got this tool to work.

I sign-in via the option sign in via browser

MartWClimber_0-1652086282056.png

and followed the steps to get a connection and pull in files.

This all worked great but I've check today and when I run the workflow in designer or the server I get an authentication error. 

it turns out that the sign in using browser option killed the connection after 1 day.

my question is:

- is it a default setting within Alteryx or Microsoft that the connection is killed within 1 day?

if so, is there a way to extend this connection WITHOUT re-authentication?

2 REPLIES 2
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @MartWClimber ,

the answer to this is yes you can change it as it is a configurable setting in Microsoft Azure, but will need to be changed by your administrators. However, it's probably not going to be something they will want to change as this is there for security reasons, and so you are likely going to come up against a bit of resistance from your Azure admins.

You can find out more about this HERE.

My recommendation would be use one of the other, more secure authentication methods that will not time out:

mceleavey_0-1652107558447.png

You can get the Client ID, Client Secret and Tenant ID from your Azure admins.

Hope this helps,

M

Bulien

MartWClimber
9 - Comet

@mceleavey thanks for the explenation.

I thought something like that as well but was not sure.

Labels