Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

SharePoint Output changing data type

AMathis
6 - Meteoroid

Need some help on why this happening and how to fix it.

I have a workflow where the data amounts (set as data type: FixedDecimal 19.2) are outputting to a file by using the SharePoint Output tool.  In the prior workflow, I was utilizing the Output Data tool (not SharePoint) and had no issues (excel showed the data as an amount as expected).  Since I have updated the output to a SharePoint Output tool (v 2.4.0), it is now changing the data type to a string/text once exported as an excel (xlsx) file.

The select tool is still showing as a FixedDecimal so I have no idea why its exporting/outputting differently.

1 REPLY 1
geraldo
13 - Pulsar

@AMathis 

the source data comes from which type of database.
I've had problems with the database being bigint, and the precision of the tool does not support it and changing it to fixeddecimal 19.2 and losing precision and the execution log sends a warning message that the data will be truncated and changed.
But that's not your problem I'm just reporting the data to come as fixeddecial and not double

Labels