Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Share folder data files connection on gallery

xiaoyao2tx
5 - Atom

Hi, I want to save my workflow to gallery so that I can schedule it. However, several data files come from 2 different share folders. When I uploaded the workflow, I encountered errors in the picture. In order to give you more information, I also post a picture of how I set credentials. This is an account my IT gave me for uploading workflow to the gallery.

I don't know where the problem is. In my guess, the problems might be:

1. The credentials I set to upload workflow don't have access to the shared folder

2. I specified the path of the shared folder in a wrong way

xiaoyao2tx_0-1592148507515.png

xiaoyao2tx_1-1592148725034.png

xiaoyao2tx_2-1592148961195.png

3 REPLIES 3
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @xiaoyao2tx 

You're using the correct UNC format for the paths in your workflow, so the answer is probably #1.  The account that runs the workflow on the gallery, svcalteryxp1agent has to have read(and write for output tools) access to the paths shown in your error message. 

Dan 

xiaoyao2tx
5 - Atom

Thank you for your reply!

How to have svcalteryxp1agent have access to the path? I'm confused because it's a gallery account and I can't see how to grant path access to a gallery account.

Sophia

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @xiaoyao2tx 

The standard way to use a service account that needs to have access to shared drives is to have the service account defined in Active Directory in the same way that your network user account is defined.    Then your IT department can grant access to any network paths that are required

Dan

Labels