Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Server V3 API POST Error: Unknown - HTTP/1.1 501 Not Implemented

rymatt830
7 - Meteor

I'm configuring a workflow to migrate content from our dev Gallery to our Prod Gallery, server version 2022.1. I'm using the new ve API macros. Using the v3 AOI POST tool, when migrating a new workflow that doesn't exist in prod, everything works great; but, I'm unable to upload a new version to an existing workflow. The POST fails with error Unknown - HTTP/1.1 501 Not Implemented. Has anyone experienced this issue before, or have any advice on how to reoslve it? 

5 REPLIES 5
mmichaelson
8 - Asteroid

I'm also running into this error.  Same use case, same version of Alteryx Server.

mmichaelson
8 - Asteroid

To clarify, I'm running into this same error when using the Server API tool with server version 2022.1.1.  The endpoint being used is:

/v3/workflows/{workflowId}/versions

I noticed that this endpoint is not visible in the Swagger UI built into Alteryx Server... perhaps Server v2022.1.1 does not support this endpoint?

Similar to @rymatt830, I can successfully publish a new workflow by making a POST request to the endpoint /v3/workflows/{workflowId} using the Server API tool.

mmichaelson
8 - Asteroid

@rymatt830 - Were you able to figure out a solution for this? I just started diving back in and am getting stuck in the same place.

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@mmichaelson What version of Alteryx Server are you on? Here's a note from the 2022.1 release notes related to the issues with the versions endpoint:

image.png

https://help.alteryx.com/release-notes/en/release-notes/server-release-notes/server-2022-1-release-n... 

We're currently on 23.2 and this endpoint is working as expected. 

mmichaelson
8 - Asteroid

Thanks @patrick_digan! I am using 2022.1.1.42725, but I am planning to upgrade our organization to 2023.2 (or 2023.3) in a month or two which, per your comments, should resolve the issue.

Labels