Alert: There is a planned Community maintenance outage October 16th from approximately 10 - 11 PM PST. During this time the Alteryx Community will be inaccessible. Thank you for your understanding!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Server V3 API POST Error: Unknown - HTTP/1.1 501 Not Implemented

rymatt830
7 - Meteor

I'm configuring a workflow to migrate content from our dev Gallery to our Prod Gallery, server version 2022.1. I'm using the new ve API macros. Using the v3 AOI POST tool, when migrating a new workflow that doesn't exist in prod, everything works great; but, I'm unable to upload a new version to an existing workflow. The POST fails with error Unknown - HTTP/1.1 501 Not Implemented. Has anyone experienced this issue before, or have any advice on how to reoslve it? 

5 REPLIES 5
mmichaelson
8 - Asteroid

I'm also running into this error.  Same use case, same version of Alteryx Server.

mmichaelson
8 - Asteroid

To clarify, I'm running into this same error when using the Server API tool with server version 2022.1.1.  The endpoint being used is:

/v3/workflows/{workflowId}/versions

I noticed that this endpoint is not visible in the Swagger UI built into Alteryx Server... perhaps Server v2022.1.1 does not support this endpoint?

Similar to @rymatt830, I can successfully publish a new workflow by making a POST request to the endpoint /v3/workflows/{workflowId} using the Server API tool.

mmichaelson
8 - Asteroid

@rymatt830 - Were you able to figure out a solution for this? I just started diving back in and am getting stuck in the same place.

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@mmichaelson What version of Alteryx Server are you on? Here's a note from the 2022.1 release notes related to the issues with the versions endpoint:

image.png

https://help.alteryx.com/release-notes/en/release-notes/server-release-notes/server-2022-1-release-n... 

We're currently on 23.2 and this endpoint is working as expected. 

mmichaelson
8 - Asteroid

Thanks @patrick_digan! I am using 2022.1.1.42725, but I am planning to upgrade our organization to 2023.2 (or 2023.3) in a month or two which, per your comments, should resolve the issue.

Labels