Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Database not connecting for saved OBDC input

adamweaver39
9 - Comet

I am trying to understand the limitations of setting up an OBDC input for a workflow -- I am able to configure the input correctly if I set it up directly to the OBDC driver, but Alteryx doesn't seem to manage a reference to my saved input (configured under Options>Advanced>Manage Data Connections).

Including reference images and would really appreciate any insights as to what I am missing on setting up a saved input configuration:

Image 1 -- data connection that works

Image 2 + 3 -- 'Saved' data connection that does not work

Image 4 -- Reference to saved OBDC input (configured under Options>Advanced>Manage Data Connections).

2 REPLIES 2
cpet13
10 - Fireball

@adamweaver39 instead of using that route (Options => Advance => Manage Data Connections) try setting the connection using File => Mange Connections.

apathetichell
19 - Altair

What verison Alteryx are you on? I don't know where that AKA is coming from and why you are seeing that. The Options => Advance =>Manage In-DB is my preferred way and works fine for named connection on either Input data or In-DB.

Labels