Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
GELÖST

Sending an excel file to an SFTP folder

uriah
Meteor

I have seen many questions and answers about this. To elaborate, I am taking data from Salesforce and composing it into an excel file. I would like to use Alteryx to drop the file into an SFTP folder - that requires login credentials. From what i read, the tools required are block, blob, and download...but i don't understand.  Why does the excel file need to be converted into another form of data? Will it exist in the destination folder as an excel file at the end? Will the process to make this transformation look more complicated then my current work flow (specifically the yellow container) ? 

uriah_0-1710539458937.png

3 ANTWORTEN 3
SPetrie
Quasar

In order for the download tool to send the data, it needs to be brought into Alteryx. If you bring in an excel file using an input tool, it strips formatting and imports the data into rows. Bringing it in as a blob beings in the binary data of the full file without altering it and in a single data row so it can then be sent through the tool.

The URL field I send to the download tool would be in the format of sftp://ftplocation.com/folder1/folder2/filename.xlsx so it will know im sending it xlsx data

The payload tab is set to PUT and the query string/body is the blob field which has all the binary data of my file.

From creating the file to sending it to SFTP it would look something like this.

sftp.PNG

uriah
Meteor

thank you ! i will give this a try..

Beschriftungen