Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Sending an email error in Alteryx Designer

Sihyeon
5 - Atom

I have been trying to send email through Alteryx System after set the SMTP server and Port but it’s not working.

The results of all the workflow don’t have any errors but whenever I try to send email the same error message occurs. 

Please see the error below and help me out how could I fix it? l've been looking through this community and could not have the right answer yet.

Text Record#1: Func 'curl_easy_perform' failed, ret = 8, desc = Weird server reply

And I have one more question. can you give me the IP address of Alteryx server?  IT person of the head office said that he need the IP address of Alteryx to allow me to use it.

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
Deano478
12 - Quasar

@Sihyeon to check your IP address you can use the ipconfig command in the command prompt but this will likely change as its most likely dynamically assigned.

You can also read more here about the email tool configuration and the various ports, encryption and credentials here:

https://help.alteryx.com/current/en/designer/tools/reporting/email-tool.html#idm44990437223824 

Labels