Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Seeking solutions to run my workflow faster

rdasilva
メテオロイド

Hello Everyone,

I created a workflow connected to a database with three data tables. Ultimately I would like my output containing data from previous year (2021) and current year (2022) so I created a filter ("INVOICE_DATA_PK > '2020-12-31') but it's taking more than more than one hour to run. If anyone know a solution to decrease the running time it will greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance. 

rdasilva_0-1655957616766.png

3件の返信3
Adrian_T
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @rdasilva,

Your workflow contains all In-DB tools where queries are pushed to your DB for In-Situ processing. This would mean that the performance issues are attributed to your underlying database and how fast it can process queries. That said, here are a few suggestions on your next steps:

Hope the above helps to frame your next steps to developing a more performant workflow! 🙂

rdasilva
メテオロイド

Hi @Adrian_T ,

Thank you for the recommendation. I've been researching on how to use Data Stream Out but I wasn't able to find tutorial on the subject. Based on the screenshot i shared where would you use the Data Stream Out in the workflow?  Essentially I only want data from current year and prior year as my output. 

Thank you, 

Adrian_T
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hey @rdasilva,

Essentially we would want to explore if resource intensive queries are more performant in Alteryx compared to when they are run on your DB. In your workflow, I would add a Data Stream Out Tool just before each of the Join In-DB Tools and use the normal Join, Formula and Select Tools (found in Join and Preparation tool categories) to perform the rest of your workflow logic.

Remember to also enable AMP. Here's how you can do so: https://help.alteryx.com/20221/designer/alteryx-amp-engine#:~:text=selection%20from%20the-,Use%20AMP...

ラベル