Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Schema.table format for output tool when writing to an Oracle database table

wwatson
12 - Quasar

I have an Oracle database connection saved and tested successfully.

I am trying to use an Output Tool to write data from my workflow to a table in a specific schema in the Oracle database.

Can anyone advise the correct syntax for the Write to File or Database box in the configuration of the output tool when I have to specify the schema and table combination?

I have the format like this aka:Database|||Schema_name.Table_Name

I am getting this error when I run the workflow: 

Error: Designer x64: The Designer x64 reported: InboundNamedPipe GetOverlappedResult: The pipe has been ended.

No data is written to the table.

Is there something wrong with the format of the Database Schema Table as formatted above?

1 REPLY 1
wwatson
12 - Quasar

The problem turned out to be that you have to match the data type and size of the fields in the target table. I had the data types correct but one of them was the wrong size. One of the target fields was String 10 and I was feeding String 20. Once aligned the error message went away.

Labels