Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Running AlteryxService for Designer/Desktop Scheduling on differt port (not 80)

patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

I'm running Designer on a desktop and need to know if there is a safe way to change the port which AlteryxService runs on.

The situation is that I have to use the machine for several applications and found that one of them uses port 80, so after installing it I lost the ability to schedule locally and call Alteryx from the command line.

Output of AlteryxService test from the command line:

c:\Users\1003029\AlteryxPF\bin>AlteryxService test
AlteryxService version: 11.0.5.26351 PID: 8940 main thread: 2468
Local logging enabled level <3> path <C:\ProgramData\Alteryx\Service\AlteryxServ
iceLog.log>.
Starting Logging service...
There was an error starting the Alteryx Service:
Failed to register Service URL (32).
Please contact your Systems Administrator to ensure that port 80 is unused and o
pen for inbound connections,
 and verify that the Alteryx Service is not already running on this system.

1 REPLY 1
KevinP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@patrick_mcauliffe The service port used by the service can be configured with a setting in the RuntimeSettings.xml file. There is an knowledge article that explains how to do this. It is aimed at server but the same setting/configuration also applies to Desktop Automation (Designer w/Scheduler) deployments. You can find the article at:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Knowledge-Base/Running-Alteryx-Server-on-a-port-other-than-...

If you have any questions or concerns on this let me know and I will do my best to answer them.

Labels