Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Run a workflow and cache results in order to be stored when re open the workflow.

I would like to run a workflow and see the results from the tools (summarize, join etc).

When re open the workflow i want to be able to see the results without running again the workflow due to the high volume of data.

Thank you.

11 REPLIES 11
patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@mariosmathioudakis Glad you found a solution. For what it's worth, the cache dataset macro is what I use in situations like this. It's a macro that allows you to just toggle between reading and writing. Here is the writeup on it. 

I also have an idea to expand the current cache abilities built into alteryx so that they would persist even after you reopen alteryx.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @patrick_digan ,

This is really amazing. More surprising is that this macro has been there from a long time.

Definitely would love to try it out : )

Just wanted to take this opportunity to say you have been a great inspiration to me on the weekly challenges.

lot to explore and lot to learn : )

Cheers and Happy Analysing : )

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels