Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Reporting tool does not show (Spanish) characters, nor symbols

Alexandra_Pops
6 - Meteoroid

Hello everybody, 

I was wondering if any of you could help with one Reporting tool difficulty.

I am trying to create a text for the email tool and this text includes á, é, í, ó, ú and €,  - , ¨ ¨.  

For example, casilla “No”  ends up looking like casilla “No” or 30€ ends up looking like 30€/ when the email is sent out. 

Is there any way to keep all of them? If not for the letters, what about €  which I´d keep as symbol rather than ¨euros¨

Thank you so very much! 

Have the nicest weekend

3 REPLIES 3
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @Alexandra_Pops 

Try running your text through a Report Text and use the output of this as the body field in your email

danilang_0-1618056132914.png

The result I get looks like this in Outlook

danilang_1-1618056232804.png

and this in Gmail

danilang_2-1618056347877.png

Note: the attached workflow has no connection info in the EMail tool, so you'll have to add that in

Dan

Alexandra_Pops
6 - Meteoroid

Hello, @danilang 

Thank you for your suggestion! 

I was already using a Report Text tool and what happens is that after Run, i get this message 

Email (2) One or more Windows Ansi specific characters has been substituted with the corresponding Unicode point. which is probably the point where I am losing my á, é, í etc and the currency symbol. It´s also curious that in the Browse Tool before Email Tool, the text is as desired, but once it moves to Email tool, its output replaces them... therefore, I´m thinking it has to do with Email tool in my case. 

As a workaround, for the letters, after the Report Text tool, I now have a Formula tool where I have replaced the errors with the correct letters, like so: Replace([Text],"ó" , "ó"), Replace([Text],"á" , "á"). 

Does not work for Replace([Text],"€ " , "€") so in the end, for this one, I unfortunately had to go with ¨euros¨. 

Also, tried to change the Code Page in the Localization Tab in User Settings, but it was of no help for me. 

I got nothing else on this 😞 

Thank you and wish you a nice day! 

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @Alexandra_Pops 

Look into the ConvertFromCodePage() function.  If you can determine what the input code page is, It should be able to do the conversion for you.

Dan

Labels