Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Replicate XLOOKUP if not found return smaller item

JLiou
7 - Meteor

Hi community,

I am trying to replicate Excel's Xlookup's if not found return next smaller item in the sense that I have in Table 1 dates and return value and in Table 2 a list of Week Starting.  What I want in Table 3 is to return the Value column from Table 1 based on a similar method to Excel XLOOKUP's "Exact match. If none found, return the next smaller item".  See attached.  I've trying linking Table 1 and 2 together and compare date which resulted in a very large table - is there any more efficient way of getting the results in Table 3? 

2 REPLIES 2
Matt_D
10 - Fireball

Hi @JLiou 

One way to do this is by generating a value for each date in TABLE 1, you then have a like for like join on your Week Start in TABLE 2, where no join value is 0 (zero).

I set the last date for 365 days into the future in the Multi-Row Formula tool to account for any future Week Start dates. You can just adjust accordingly.

Replicate Excel Xlookup.PNG

JLiou
7 - Meteor

Thanks @Matt_D .  I was afraid that I had to create extra rows/dates in Table1 but I think this is the best solution and is unavoidable.

Labels