Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Renaming some columns

TormentMaker
8 - Asteroid

So, in the end of my project i have a table, but i need the column's names to have a date value that i got from another little table, so i got an example ready down there:

That's the main table with my data and the columns with the "wrong" names

ClassToday's lootToday's EXPYesterday lootYesterday EXPLast Friday LootLast Friday EXP
MageGold50Gold30Mage45
RogueGold60Gold45Knife55
RangerItem25Nothing0Bow75

And thats my other little table, with the date values i want to use

TodayLast FridayYesterday
21/06/202118/06/202120/06/2021

So, basicaly what i need is to change the first table "yesterday's loot and yesterday's EXP" for the value 20/06/2021, and that with all the other columns with their respective days.

Someone would know how to help me please? :3

5 REPLIES 5
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@TormentMaker ,

I modified Today in your other table to:  Today's.

Using a few tools to align the data, I came up with the following workflow:

capture.png

Cheers,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
Jonny
11 - Bolide

Hi @TormentMaker ,

I think this would do the trick - transpose with Find & Replace:

Jonny_0-1624280045140.png

see attached example from the data you provided.

Let me know if it helps?

cheers!

BR/Jonny

KarolinaRoza
11 - Bolide

Hi @TormentMaker ,

I little bit different understood your problem, instead of taking FIXED values from the file (I mean current TODAY, current YESTERDAY, or last Friday) I made it more dynamic.

It means that if you will run in in few days for example in next week;  it will replace with current day, yesterday and last Friday (06/25/2021).

KarolinaRoza_0-1624281280392.png

I hope it will be also beneficial for you.

Karolina

HomesickSurfer
12 - Quasar

Hi @TormentMaker 

See attached.

Transpose, Increase field size, find-replace, cross-tab...then...a series of Dynamic Rename regex formulas to replace the _'s as a result of the Cross-tab.

Lemme know if this works.

Capture.PNG

TormentMaker
8 - Asteroid

Hey everyone, so i tested all the options you guys gave me, and all of them worked so thats why i'm marking all of them as solutions, in case of someone wanting to do it too in future.

With that said, i got a easier way to do it, basicaly since i already have my days in a dynamic way, all i had to do was to create another table with them and the same headers of the original first table, with this i would use the Transpose tool to turn the rows with my date into columns and then, use it with the Dynamic Rename tool with the option "Take Field Names from Right Input Rows", btw i used because it was easier with my problem, but all the solutions here helped me, mostly the ones with the Transpose tool so, thank you guys!

Labels