Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Regex

Sarath27
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

I want to write a regex to find a string which starts and ends with an Numerics. Please assist.

8 REPLIES 8
aatalai
14 - Magnetar

create a new field push it through data cleanese say remove punctuation, numbers etc (everything but letters); then use this formula

left([field],1) =left([new field]) and  right([field],1) =right([new field]) , if true then starts and end with an alphabet character but @Sarath27 that would be not using regex

DataNath
17 - Castor

@Sarath27 when you say 'find a string', are you looking to Filter? If so, the following expression will isolate only records that start and end with numbers (just replace [Input] with your own field):

IsInteger(Left([Input], 1))
&&
IsInteger(Right([Input], 1))

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Sarath27 

Regex_MATCH([Field),"^\d.*\d$")
Sarath27
8 - Asteroid

Hi Binu,

It shows as malfunction call

Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @Sarath27,

@binuacs is close but there's just an issue with the brackets used and the quotation marks:

Regex_MATCH([Field],'^\d.*\d$')

Kind regards,

Jonathan

cjaneczko
13 - Pulsar

@Jonathan-Sherman his use of double quotes is correct. You can use Single or Double quotes as long as both are the same.

Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@cjaneczko they are but it's the use of two right unicode double quotation marks that's the issue, not the fact that it's a double quote.

Kind regards,

Jonathan

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Sarath27 I updated my original post as the answer was submitted from my phone which doesn't support the proper double quotes 

Labels