Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Regex - Extracting data

OOIWJ
7 - Meteor

I want to use REGEX to extract the "Account names" and "Account numbers" into two columns, appearing on the same row, like what was shown in the "Results" image, but I want them appearing on the same row. The Account names have more than 2 formats, see "Account names" image. How can I do so using the REGEX function? Thank you!

8 REPLIES 8
DanielG
12 - Quasar

@OOIWJ  - more info is needed, like what does the incoming data look like?

Yoshiro_Fujimori
15 - Aurora

Hi @OOIWJ 

Assuming that Col [F2] is the input data and Col [AccountNo.] and [AccountName] are the output data,

the formula to differentiate the column to store the input data would be as below.

If you have more complicated patterns, check this site to edit RegEx with trial and error. https://regex101.com/

Good luck.

Formula

AccountNo = IF REGEX_Match([Data], "\d{4}-\d{3}-\d{2}") THEN [Data] ELSE Null() ENDIF

AccountName = IF REGEX_Match([Data], "\d{4}-\d{3}-\d{2}") THEN Null() ELSE [Data] ENDIF

Output

DataAccountNoAccountName
0102-000-000102-000-00 
CASH - UB - OPERATING CASH - UB - OPERATING

OOIWJ
7 - Meteor

YEs, the output was created by me using REGEX, but that is still not what I wanted. I want the output to appear on the same row.

agpilo
5 - Atom

Hi bro 

Could you describe the desire output for this example? Confirm if this Is what you expect 

Actual Output:

|Account No | Account Name

| 99-99-99     | NULL

| NULL.          | XX-XX-XXXXX

Expected Output:

|Account No | Account Name

| 99-99-99     | XX-XX-XXXXX

Let me know please

OOIWJ
7 - Meteor

Yes, the expected output is what I want and I managed to get the result already.

Anyway, I am currently in the process of cleaning a General Ledger Excel file using Alteryx. Would you be interested in reviewing the Excel file and helping me out? I am more than happy to have a zoom with you as I have deadline to meet.

Cheers! 

agpilo
5 - Atom

Good news! I'm interested on how you solved it. Ok, we can chat about your project

OOIWJ
7 - Meteor

kindly provide me with your email so that i can send you the excel file, thanks

DanielG
12 - Quasar

OK.  I am unsubscribing from this one.  Sharing your general ledger with an unknown person on the internet scares me to death.  Good luck.

Labels