Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Refresh API Token every 30 minutes

JM
6 - Meteoroid

I am looking for some examples and help with how to setup an iterative macro to refresh an API token every 30 minutes before passing data into the API for processing.

I have a standard workflow that is collecting data to pass into the API currently.  This workflow also generates the initial token and is passing it to the API.  After 30 minutes the token expires and the job fails.

I also have a macro to pass the refresh token data into it and to pull back the refreshed token, but it is generating a new token for each set of data being passed vs. reusing the refreshed token value for a duration of 30 minutes.  How can I update the token only once every 30 minutes and to append the value to the data being passed into the API?

11 REPLIES 11
sophabraham95
7 - Meteor

@tim-regas Thanks for the update! I still am not able to get the token to regenerate. So, I went back to the basics and put the entire token gen and data retrieval within a batch, so that for each record a new token should Ideally get generated before the call is made. But it ends up using the same token for all the records that are fed into the batch macro. Do you have any idea why this is happening? I've attached a sample Image. Is there a sample workflow you could show me on this one?

sample.png

tim-regas
7 - Meteor

@sophabraham95 are you able to post your residual macro? That would be a help get to a final solution for this.

Labels