Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Reduce Balance of Dynamic Columns

markalves
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

I want to reduce the reserve we have for certain months.  But since the months always change this needs to be dynamic.  I want to make it so that if we get claims in April it will reduce the April reserve, then if April reserve is less than 0 it will reduce the reserve of the previous month and then if that month also has a zero balance then reduce from the next, and so on.... 

I have attached a sample workflow that I have so far.  I am stuck on the logic of creating the formula for reducing previous month's reserves if less than 0 since the column headers always change. We need to keep track of each month's reserve balance. 

5 REPLIES 5
ddiesel
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Hi @markalves!

I set out to build a interative macro to help you. When I looked closer at your sample data, I saw an easier solution!

Let's give this a try:

Capture.JPG

Capture (1).JPG

The provided sample dataset was very small, but this should be a dynamic solution no matter how many parts # and months you have. Will you hook this up to your real data and let us know if it does the trick? 

Thanks,
Deb

markalves
8 - Asteroid

This worked perfectly. Thank you so much. 

ddiesel
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

@markalves 

You're welcome! Glad it helped!

markalves
8 - Asteroid

It turns out that the workflow does not work if there are more than 2 months of reserve.  If there is 3 months then it adds more reserve than I originally had. I have uploaded your workflow with the addition of another month of reserve. How can we solve this?  100+100+100-120 should = 180 but in the workflow it equals 260. 

markalves_0-1659049706985.png

Labels