Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Really hard interpolation!!!

Baoxin
5 - Atom

Hi every expert,

I have a very hard problem here. In this case, I want to interpolate the longitude and latitude with the time by Lagrange's interpolation or cubic spline interpolation. in addition to this ,I want every track ID to interpolate independently.

I would really appreciate it if you could solve my problem!!!

4 REPLIES 4
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @Baoxin 

Do you mean that you want to interpolate the missing points using one of the two methods or that you want to approximate the entire paths using an interpolation?

Dan

Baoxin
5 - Atom

hi Dan,

I want to interpolate the missing points

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @Baoxin 

This would be difficult to do in pure Alteryx, but you should able to use a Python tool and leverage the interpolate functionality from scipy

Also, why do you need to use a complex interpolation method?  From browsing your data, looks like a simple linear interpolation would work.

Dan 

Baoxin
5 - Atom

Really thank for your answer

First,  I used python, but it didn't work out very well. Some of the results look like far from the data.

Second, these data is a very small part of the car track point about two million, because I delete some data such as Velocity and Acceleration and so on. I need to make the lines of these points very smooth, so i choose to use some complex ways.

Maybe, i need improve my Python algorithm……

Labels