Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Read xls file using dynamic input get error

aeolus187
8 - Asteroid

Hi Engineer,

I have one excel file(1997-2003 .xls) file, I am using dynamic input for reading data and file path is "c:\ddd.xls|||RESULTS", but i got below error when running, I can sure that path and sheet name is totally correct and if i change to input tool and all works as expected, but I need to input the customized file path so i have to use dynamic input instead , can anyone advice how to solve it out? this excel file embedded with a 

Error: Dynamic Input (29): Error opening table: Microsoft Access Database Engine: The Microsoft Access database engine could not find the object 'RESULTS'. Make sure the object exists and that you spell its name and the path name correctly. If 'RESULTS' is not a local object, check your network connection or contact the server administrator.\3011 = -543884569

3 REPLIES 3
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @aeolus187 

Can you share a sample file.

Happy to help : )

Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Hi @aeolus187! Just to share with you, i had a similar problem, and in my case the solution was to convert the .xls into xlsx and use the xlsx as input (automatically). So i built this macro that uses python to convert .xls into .xlsx and uses the xlsx as input.

Convert .xls into .xlsx and parse the input - Alteryx Community

Hope that this is useful for you!

Labels