Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Read Sharepoint files individually

mzrickers
6 - Meteoroid

Hello all,

I am attempting to read files from a directory in sharepoint, perform a transformation on the files separately with Python, and then output them in all separate files.  I get the desired output when one file is selected but when I select the directory it attempts to combine them based on the number of columns (they do not share similar structures and I want them to remain separate anyways).  Thank you in advance.      sharepoint_xml.png

5 REPLIES 5
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

HI @mzrickers ,

can you share with us your workflow as it currently stands? Are you using the SharePoint tool or are you accessing the back-end directory?

M.

Bulien

gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

To read multiple files from Sharepoint I use a batch macro created using the new Sharepoint tool, similar to reading multiple Excel files that don't match the schema. 

mzrickers
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks for the quick reply.  I added the workflow.  I am using the sharepoint input tool.  Tried some batch macros but still not the greatest with them yet.  Some examples would help a lot.  Thanks.

mzrickers
6 - Meteoroid

I selected one of the files in the directory and connected a macro to it.  However when I run a macro it only runs the first file and doesn't change to the next files.  Any tweaks I can make?

sharepoint_macro.png

ChBurger
6 - Meteoroid

The issue with your macro is the checked setting at the bottom, which states "Replace a specific string". This will only replace the string specified. What you need to do to configure this properly is to remove that checkbox and send the entire file path if you are attempting to utilize a macro. Otherwise the only time the filename will be replaced is for that specific string. I hope this helps!!!

Cheers,

Chad

Labels