Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Rating calculation Question

ShelleyWu
6 - Meteoroid

Hi all,

I have difficulty figuring out how to solve the problem below.

I have Table 1 below capturing the rating scale.

Rating Scale
A+
A
A-
BBB+
BBB
BBB-
BB+
BB
BB-
B+
B
B-
CCC+

Table 2 reflects how Company 1 - Company 6 rating will be affected by Company 0 in the column- rating adjustment. For example, if Company 0's rating is BBB, then Company 1 & Company 4 should be calculated as BB+ (2 ratings lower than company 0); Company 2 and Company 6 should be BBB- (1 rating lower than company 0); and Company 3 & Company 5 should be BB. (3 ratings lower than company 0)

CompanyRating adjustment
Company 1-2
Company 2-1
Company 3-3
Company 4-2
Company 5-3
Company 6-1

I would like to ask the user to select Company 0's rating in the drop-down tool and design a workflow calculating Company 1- Company 5's rating according to the input. May I ask how can I solve this question in Alteryx? 

3 REPLIES 3
Clifford_Coon
11 - Bolide

Hi Shelley,

As usual with Alteryx there are several ways, here is one...

rating.jpg

 Hope this helps, :-)

ShelleyWu
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you so much! 💞

May I ask an additional question? Can I default the selection in the drop-down tool to "Please select the rating" instead of 'A+'? Would that be achievable? Thank you! 

ShelleyWu_0-1679604776253.png

Clifford_Coon
11 - Bolide

Hi Shelley,

Yes that's possible..

Something like this:

Rating1.jpg

 I'd add a test to capture a 0 value for no selection made, and then I used append to get it into the main workflow.

Like I mentioned, there are multiple ways to do everything in Alteryx.

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels