Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Quickbooks Enterprise ODBC Connection Error

Hayden_McHan
7 - Meteor

I am trying to connect to a QB Enterprise file using an ODBC 32 bit connection. The connection works and will read all the tables. I am trying to pull all fields of a singular table using the 'table' tab of the query builder and I am getting this error:

Error: Input Data (7): Error SQLExecute: [QODBC] Invalid cursor state

An access database is currently doing pulling these tables so I know it can connect, but I need to do a bunch of data blending using alteryx. 

Open to any and all solutions.

3 REPLIES 3
TrevorS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello @Hayden_McHan 

Thanks for posting to the Community!

It looks like this topic was covered in another post with a potential solution.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/SQL-error-please-help-quot-Invalid-Cur...

I hope this helps you out! 

TrevorS

Community Moderator
raj_qodbc
5 - Atom

Hello @Hayden_McHan

Please open the QODBC setup screen and change the QODBC Compatibility mode from “Default” to “3.8.”

To change, please follow the below steps:

Start >> All Programs >> QODBC Driver for QuickBooks >> Configure QODBC Data Source >>Go To "System DSN" Tab>> select DSN "QuickBooks Data" >> click "Configure”>> Switch to "Advanced" tab>> Navigate to "QODBC Compatibility">> change to "3.8"

If you are using QRemote, change ODBC compatibility to 3.8

QRemote 32-Bit
Start >> All Programs >> QODBC Driver for use with QuickBooks >> Configure QODBC Data Source >>Go to "System DSN" Tab>> select "QuickBooks Data
QRemote" DSN > click "Configure">> Switch to Advanced tab and change 'ODBC Compatibility' to '3.8' and click the Apply/OK button.

QRemote 64-Bit
Start >> All Programs >> QODBC Driver for use with QuickBooks (64-Bit)>> Configure QODBC Data Source >>Go to "System DSN" Tab>> select "QuickBooks Data 64-bit QRemote" DSN >> click "Configure">> Switch to Advanced tab and change 'ODBC Compatibility' to '3.8' and click the Apply/OK button.

If you are still facing the issue, please raise a support ticket at http://support.qodbc.com/

Regards

Raj

QODBC Support

Hayden_McHan
7 - Meteor

Sadly that did not fix it. I just submitted a help ticket

Labels