Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Python tool not loading

Nicholas_White
Asteroide

Hello,

My company recently upgraded to 2021.4.2.47802 Patch: 6.

Now, I can't get Python to load, even from a blank canvas.

Nicholas_White_0-1687379504791.png

If I let a blank Python tool sit on the canvas, the Configuration window eventually turns blank:

Nicholas_White_2-1687379602903.png

If I try to run the workflow, I get the following error:

Error: Python (1): Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "c:\program files\alteryx\bin\miniconda3\envs\designerbasetools_venv\lib\runpy.py", line 194, in _run_module_as_main
    return _run_code(code, main_globals, None,
  File "c:\program files\alteryx\bin\miniconda3\envs\designerbasetools_venv\lib\runpy.py", line 87, in _run_code
    exec(code, run_globals)
  File "C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\Miniconda3\envs\DesignerBaseTools_venv\Scripts\jupyter-nbconvert.EXE\__main__.py", line 4, in <module>
  File "C:\Users\A559166\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python38\site-packages\nbconvert\nbconvertapp.py", line 23, in <module>
    from nbconvert import __version__, exporters, postprocessors, preprocessors, writers
  File "C:\Users\A559166\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python38\site-packages\nbconvert\exporters\__init__.py", line 1, in <module>
    from .asciidoc import ASCIIDocExporter
  File "C:\Users\A559166\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python38\site-packages\nbconvert\exporters\asciidoc.py", line 9, in <module>
    from .templateexporter import TemplateExporter
  File "C:\Users\A559166\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python38\site-packages\nbconvert\exporters\templateexporter.py", line 31, in <module>
    from nbconvert import filters
  File "C:\Users\A559166\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python38\site-packages\nbconvert\filters\__init__.py", line 11, in <module>
    from .strings import *
  File "C:\Users\A559166\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python38\site-packages\nbconvert\filters\strings.py", line 23, in <module>
    from nbconvert.preprocessors.sanitize import _get_default_css_sanitizer
  File "C:\Users\A559166\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python38\site-packages\nbconvert\preprocessors\__init__.py", line 3, in <module>
    from nbclient.exceptions import CellExecutionError
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'nbclient'

Does anyone have experience resolving such an issue?

Thanks,

Nick

3 RESPOSTAS 3
geraldo
Pulsar

@Nicholas_White 

Since version 2019, I generate all my python codes in the notepad++ tool and generate versions of updates, because I always had problems with this tool. When you click the python code is gone or it doesn't open or it gives a 404 error..

I put a new tool and paste the code internally

and it takes forever for the notebook to appear in the latest versions, especially the one you are using

Nicholas_White
Asteroide

Hi @geraldo ,

Thank you for your reply.

The issue you've described is something I used to deal with in an earlier version of Alteryx, and I ended up going down the 'develop in Notepad++, copy/paste into Alteryx' solution to remedy disappearing code.

My issue is that I can't even get the tool to present itself correctly when I drop a brand new Python Tool into the  canvas. It tries to load, then just dies.

See attached GIF animation for a better explanation. I drag the tool in, and I am not able to type in code.

alteryx_python.gif

Thanks,

Nick

Jacob_Yurek
Átomo

Has anyone found a solution to this @Nicholas_White @geraldo ? I am encountering the same issue. 

Rótulos