Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Put Numbering with condition

SH_94
11 - Bolide

Hi Community,

May i know how to write the formula in the multi-row formula tool  so that output is as per below:

The condition is that for the first month it will start with A whereby record ID is 1 for A , 2 for B , 3 for C and 4 for D. While for the second month onwards, it will opposite and start with D instead and so on.

Output

SH_94_0-1672120508654.png

Many thanks

15 REPLIES 15
ShankerV
17 - Castor

Hi @SH_94 

You can easily achieve with the help of Record ID tool.

Many thanks

Shanker V

ShankerV
17 - Castor

Hi @SH_94 

Expected solution

ShankerV_0-1672120742567.png

Note: The workflow used to achieve the solution is attached which can be downloaded to see how the solution works.

If you believe your problem has been resolved. Please mark helpful answers as a solution so that future users with the same problem can find them more easily!!!!

Many thanks

Shanker V

ShankerV
17 - Castor

Hi @SH_94 

Also achievable with the help of Multi Row formula

ShankerV_0-1672120976366.pngShankerV_1-1672120994923.png

Note: The workflow used to achieve the solution is attached which can be downloaded to see how the solution works.

If you believe your problem has been resolved. Please mark helpful answers as a solution so that future users with the same problem can find them more easily!!!!

Many thanks

Shanker V

SH_94
11 - Bolide

Hi @ShankerV ,

Thank you for the prompt response. I have just updated the question in the original post whereby the sequence for the input maybe different but the output is the one that i try to achieve

ShankerV
17 - Castor

Hi @SH_94 

Yes, I see the question is amended now.

It is possible, few seconds please. 

Many thanks

Shanker V

ShankerV
17 - Castor

Hi @SH_94 

Please find the expected solution

ShankerV_0-1672121462600.png

Many thanks

Shanker V

SH_94
11 - Bolide

Hi @ShankerV , 

The output seem to be different with expected outcome. 

Basically It need to be follow by month first , then type follow by record ID. May i know how to derive the result expected as per the screenshot below ?

SH_94_0-1672121704375.png

ShankerV
17 - Castor

Hi @SH_94 

No, I see the same expected outcome as you requested.

Could you please share the outcome which you are seeing at your end.

ShankerV_0-1672123195556.png

ShankerV_0-1672123312973.png

Many thanks

Shanker V

SH_94
11 - Bolide

Hi @ShankerV ,

I just downloaded the file and run it .Below is the outcome of the worklfow .

SH_94_0-1672123428193.png

Thank you

Labels