Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Pulling out multiple pieces of data from multiple combinations of strings

JonaV90
7 - Meteor

Hi,

I am trying to pull the underlined data in multiple columns from the string in the non underlined field (not including the - )

There are more than these combinations, but could anyone help me set up a formula to pull these pieces of information out of the string combinations below?

HAT2TOPL34Rental 16ft Box TruckP - 10 Characters at the beginning, Rental, 16ft Box Truck, P

HAT2TOPL35Branded 24ft Box Truck (Element - Leased)P - 10 Characters at the beginning, Branded, 24ft Box Truck, Element, Leased, P

HPX3CL34Rental VanP - 6 Characters at the beginning, Rental, Van, P

HBF4ALPC32Owned VanP - 10 Characters at the beginning, Owned, Van, P

Thanks,

6 REPLIES 6
DavidSkaife
13 - Pulsar

Hi @JonaV90 

This Regex should give you what you need, if i understand what you're looking for correctly!

([[:alpha:]]+\d+[[:alpha:]]+\d+)(.+?)\s(.*)(P)$

DavidSkaife_0-1665046122707.png

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@JonaV90 One way of doing this

binuacs_0-1665005366113.png

gyang3
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

hey @JonaV90 

See attached the workflow. I've added an additional tool to parse out those in parentheses.

gyang3_0-1665012928249.png

Let me know if this works and please mark as solved if so.

JonaV90
7 - Meteor

Hi,

Thanks so much for this.

This is close to where I'm trying to get to.

What I am missing is that I also want to isolate the vehicle type, so in the screenshot you shared I want to have an additional column that only says 24ft Box Truck (without including the additional text), 16ft Box Truck, Van, etc.

Can you help isolate that?

Thanks,

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@JonaV90 

binuacs_0-1665439817966.png

JonaV90
7 - Meteor

Ok, this is great.

It would be better if all of this could be simplified into one regex tool

One more thing, I have 3 more additional instances in the data that I need to pull the key info from. See below:

I would appreciate anyone's help adding this to the regex tool

Additional:

HAT2CSTG34Owned Van incl. New PSD Insurance PaymentP - 10 Characters at the beginning, Owned, Van, New PSD insurance Payment, P
HAT2CSTG34Rental 16ft Box Truck incl. New PSD Insurance PaymentP - 10 Characters at the beginning, Rental, 16ft Box Truck, NEW PSD insurance Payment, P

HVP1MEM335Rental VanP - 10 Characters at the beginning (3 numbers at the end), Rental, Van, P

Original:

HAT2TOPL34Rental 16ft Box TruckP - 10 Characters at the beginning, Rental, 16ft Box Truck, P

HAT2TOPL35Branded 24ft Box Truck (Element - Leased)P - 10 Characters at the beginning, Branded, 24ft Box Truck, Element, Leased, P

HPX3CL34Rental VanP - 6 Characters at the beginning, Rental, Van, P

HBF4ALPC32Owned VanP - 10 Characters at the beginning, Owned, Van, P

Thanks,

Labels