Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Programmatically export workflow xml view from Alteryx Designer

GuruRaj
5 - Atom

Hi Team,
I'm Working on Alteryx designer, whenever I ran workflow I can see metadata in the metadata viewer, but yxmd file doesn't contains those info if I want to use this info later but xml view of workflow shows required info.
So, I wanted to export xml view of workflows from designer Or is there any automated/Programmatically possible way to export packages.
Please help me,

I'm on urgent need

4 REPLIES 4
PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

What exact metadata are you looking to extract?

How do you want that metadata to be output (excel, yxdb, etc)?

If you mean the metadata in the Results pane then you can use the Field Info Tool and write that out however you want.

image.png
GuruRaj
5 - Atom

Hi PhilipMannering

Thank You So Much for your response

Yes, I can visualize metadata on Designer tool, but I want these metadata to be present either on yxmd or xml format

Below is sample where I can view metadata info tag

Alteryx xml view on Designer.jpg

I can export packages from Alteryx designer through "Export Workflow" utility, but it's a manual process, 

Alteryx Export options.png

I wanted to automate this things programmatically, So exported workflows contains Metadata for all the nodes in yxmd or xml format.

xml view Alteryx.jpg

Thank You

PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

You don't need to export your workflow (yxmd > yxzp) for it to show the <RecordInfo> metadata in the xml. Your workflow (yxmd file) will still have the RecordInfo metadata. So, unless I've missed something, that should satisfy your need.

GuruRaj
5 - Atom

Yes, but yxmd file contains metadata info tag for extreme sources not for intermediate components, that's why I went for export option.

Whenever I open yxmd file on designer then only I can see metadata info but if I open yxmd file on other editor it won't show.

Labels