Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Postgres Bulk Loader - Field issue

JDong
8 - Asteroid

Hi Team,

I am facing this issue when I try bulk load of data to PostgresSQL

Warning: Output Data (345): 3 Field Names were truncated to fit within the Output Files maximum name length of 75
Error: Output Data (345): Unable to find field "asdasdasdjaskdiuasjhaldshalsdladladasdkahdkahdskahdkahsdkahdkahds" in output record.

Any help here will be appreciated.

The output truncates the field names to 75 chars and the source has 80 characters.

I have done the field mapping in the output but even with that the flow does not work.

Gallop_0-1601919000722.png

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

I may be wrong, but I think that PostgreSQL has a column name length limit. 75 even seems high to me as I seem to remember it being 64 characters. Can you try shortening the length of your column names to see if you can successfully load data?

BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/27865770/how-long-can-postgresql-table-names-be

This is from 2017, so not sure if things have changed since then. 

JDong
8 - Asteroid

Thanks @BrandonB 

The output automatically trims the header length, but even on doing that I get the error as shown and data load fails

BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

I understand that it is automatically truncating to 75 characters but can you try even less than that? A dynamic rename would be the most efficient method of doing so or you could use a select tool to rename. This will help you isolate if these column headers are the issue. 

Labels