Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Possible help with zip file

Bbadef
8 - Asteroid

Hi everyone,

I am new to Alteryx. Recently I need to deal with a zip file and I'm having trouble with it.I would appreciate it if I could get any suggestion from you guys.

I have a zip file called: Rate_History_Report_[Today's day].csv(.csv)is part of it's name and the location for this csv file within the zip is var/rvg/output/reg_feeds/.

I am trying to us a formula tool:[FullPath]+"|||var\rvg\output\reg_feeds\"+"Rate_History_Report_[Today's day].csv" to open a file but it failed.

How should I read this csv document correctly and is there anyway I can unzip it before the process(I can't download 7-zip cause it is blocked by the company system)?

Thank you for your help and hope you guys have a good day

7 REPLIES 7
HomesickSurfer
12 - Quasar

Hi @Bbadef 

For .zip files, you will need to use forward slashes '/' to reference the subfolders within.

If this works for you, please Like, Share and/or Accept as Solution.  Thx 🙂

Rate_History_Report_2021-11-10.csv.zip|||var/rvg/output/reg_feeds/Rate_History_Report_2021-11-10.csv

1.PNG

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

did you try:

FullPath]+"|||var\rvg\output\reg_feeds\"+"Rate_History_Report_[Today's day].csv.csv"

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
Bbadef
8 - Asteroid

Thank you for your reply.Yes, I did.It pop up an error message saying unable to open archive.
Bbadef
8 - Asteroid

Hi @HomesickSurfer ,

Thank you for your reply.Even though I change it to forward slashes, it still pooed up an error message saying unable to open archive.

HomesickSurfer
12 - Quasar

I've recreated the zip file as you've expressed.

See attached workflow using an Input tool to read the csv.

The FullPath 'FileName' is output as well for your review.

C:\temp\Rate_History_Report_2021-11-10.csv.zip|||var/rvg/output/reg_feeds/Rate_History_Report_2021-11-10.csv

Export to C:\temp\ to test.

oly
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@Bbadef , before you do full path formula, make sure the manual Input Data configuration works as @HomesickSurfer suggested. Nail that first.

Also, look into the error message in the Results file when you try to run it - it should show complete path to the file it's trying to open.

Bbadef
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

Sorry for replying your message so late.I am appreciated it for your help!

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels