Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Possible help with zip file

Bbadef
8 - Asteroid

Hi everyone,

I am new to Alteryx. Recently I need to deal with a zip file and I'm having trouble with it.I would appreciate it if I could get any suggestion from you guys.

I have a zip file called: Rate_History_Report_[Today's day].csv(.csv)is part of it's name and the location for this csv file within the zip is var/rvg/output/reg_feeds/.

I am trying to us a formula tool:[FullPath]+"|||var\rvg\output\reg_feeds\"+"Rate_History_Report_[Today's day].csv" to open a file but it failed.

How should I read this csv document correctly and is there anyway I can unzip it before the process(I can't download 7-zip cause it is blocked by the company system)?

Thank you for your help and hope you guys have a good day

7 REPLIES 7
HomesickSurfer
12 - Quasar

Hi @Bbadef 

For .zip files, you will need to use forward slashes '/' to reference the subfolders within.

If this works for you, please Like, Share and/or Accept as Solution.  Thx 🙂

Rate_History_Report_2021-11-10.csv.zip|||var/rvg/output/reg_feeds/Rate_History_Report_2021-11-10.csv

1.PNG

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

did you try:

FullPath]+"|||var\rvg\output\reg_feeds\"+"Rate_History_Report_[Today's day].csv.csv"

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
Bbadef
8 - Asteroid

Thank you for your reply.Yes, I did.It pop up an error message saying unable to open archive.
Bbadef
8 - Asteroid

Hi @HomesickSurfer ,

Thank you for your reply.Even though I change it to forward slashes, it still pooed up an error message saying unable to open archive.

HomesickSurfer
12 - Quasar

I've recreated the zip file as you've expressed.

See attached workflow using an Input tool to read the csv.

The FullPath 'FileName' is output as well for your review.

C:\temp\Rate_History_Report_2021-11-10.csv.zip|||var/rvg/output/reg_feeds/Rate_History_Report_2021-11-10.csv

Export to C:\temp\ to test.

oly
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@Bbadef , before you do full path formula, make sure the manual Input Data configuration works as @HomesickSurfer suggested. Nail that first.

Also, look into the error message in the Results file when you try to run it - it should show complete path to the file it's trying to open.

Bbadef
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

Sorry for replying your message so late.I am appreciated it for your help!

Labels