Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Possible help with Excel Output

Bbadef
8 - Asteroid

Hi everyone,

I am using Alteryx to process an excel(xls)file and there is a problem with it,I would like to ask for some help.

The first image is the image of the Output anchor before my output tool(there is an Full path field before the region).In Output,I select overwrite the worksheet(using the full path), everything is correct in the output except the format.I wonder why the content of my output appear at the end of worksheet instead of the head, also it create a lot of blank row before that. For some reason, I can't see and use data cleaning tool to remove these blank rows !

Thank you for your advice and have a good day!

Anchor befor Output tool.PNGOutput file.PNGOutput.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
DanM
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

@Bbadef 

Couple of things I would try. What happens when you create a new document instead of overwriting? If that new document is good, try switching to overwrite and see if that works.

I would make sure that you are on the latest Alteryx release.

It would also help if you could attach the workflow with sample data to see if anyone else can reproduce the issue and or find a solution.

Bbadef
8 - Asteroid

@DanM

Hi, Thank you for your help.

It works properly when I create a new sheet instead of overwriting it. I will attach the workflow with sample date later today to see if anyone can reproduce the issue and we can find a solution.

Thanks again for your help!

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels