Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Possible help with Date time tool

Bbadef
8 - Asteroid

Bbadef_0-1637161302848.png

Hi everyone,

Hope you guys are doing well.

I am new to Alteryx and have a question regarding the Date Time tool.I am using the data tool to convert my string(10:00)to date time format(10:00:00).It is able to convert the time properly. However, every time when I save the workflow and reopen it,the Datetime tool will greyed out saying no suitable filed available

I had to run the workflow once and then re-edit the tool after the error message popped up.

Is there any way I can fix this error?Thank you for your help and have a good one

My input is

Time

3:30

My expected output is

Time

3:30:00

3 REPLIES 3
afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @Bbadef ,

Try using instead of that tool the formula tool with this configuration:

DateTimeParse([Field1],'%H:%M')

This might solve the issue

Untitled.png

Regards

CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I would follow the advise of @afv2688. I'm not a fan of the Datetime tool for this reason and others. There's nothing that the Datetime tool does that can't be done in the more reliable and more efficient Formula tool. You just need to know the expressions to use and the Community will be here to help out with that!

Bbadef
8 - Asteroid

Thank you for your suggestion!This question confused me for a while and it's fixed now!

Thank you again for your help!

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels