Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Populate the values in pre defined template

Vigneswaran
7 - Meteor

Hi Guyz,

I have a prepared set of values in alteryx, I need to pass (populate) these values into the pre-defined invoice template in excel  (which should not be created in alteryx). The values should get populated in the template (given by the client) based on the column name. (the common field)

Table 1

Vigneswaran_0-1672125926393.png

Excel Template (in which the value should get populated)

Vigneswaran_1-1672125967230.png

How to achieve this?
Thanks in advance

9 REPLIES 9
ShankerV
17 - Castor

Hi @Vigneswaran 

Can you please upload the excel template where it needs to be updated.

So can overwrite the data's there based on the Cell numbers you have in the template.

Many thanks

Shanker V

Vigneswaran
7 - Meteor

Thanks buddy!
Attached the file for reference

ShankerV
17 - Castor

Hi @Vigneswaran 

I have also prepared the template and started working on it.

Hope this also helps right!!!!

JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Vigneswaran you can do this a couple of ways use a run command tool to move a template to the same locaiton you are outputing your data. Another approach is to use Blob tools. This blog showcases how to do that and has a example workflow.

Vigneswaran
7 - Meteor

Hi,
With the blob tools, I can't define the field which should match with the template. 
Is there any sample workflows explaining the same?

ShankerV
17 - Castor

Hi @Vigneswaran 

Please find the desired output....

Input template:

ShankerV_0-1672145837847.png

Many thanks

Shanker V

ShankerV
17 - Castor

Hi @Vigneswaran 

Expected output:

ShankerV_0-1672145974091.png

Note: The workflow used to achieve the solution is attached which can be downloaded to see how the solution works.

If you believe your problem has been resolved. Please mark helpful answers as a solution so that future users with the same problem can find them more easily!!!!

Many thanks

Shanker V

ShankerV
17 - Castor

Hi @Vigneswaran 

I have saved the file (Client Template) in the path.

You need to update your location of the before \Client Template.xlsx so the workflow can work and amend the template for you.

ShankerV_0-1672146095738.png

If you believe your problem has been resolved. Please mark helpful answers as a solution so that future users with the same problem can find them more easily!!!!

Many thanks

Shanker V

ShankerV
17 - Castor

Hi @Vigneswaran 

Did it worked? 

If yes, Please mark helpful answers as a solution so that future users with the same problem can find them more easily!!!!

Many thanks

Shanker V

Labels