Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Pivot Table using Table Tool - Error "There are no data fields for this pivot table"

jsun_06
6 - Meteoroid

jsun_06_0-1657213494292.png

Not sure why I'm getting this error, the results tab shows the data from the input anchor of the Table tool. Trying to generate a pivot table to print off. I did use cross tab tool prior so meets the requirements from the Table mode radio button up top. This is using sample data but my real data would be summing money values grouped on two fields.

jsun_06_0-1657215778260.png

I can essentially create the pivot table with a Summarize Tool and Basic Table but I want a "Grand Total" just like a regular pivot table.

4 REPLIES 4
terry10
12 - Quasar

@jsun_06 ,  The column names don't match. In the results tab, the column is called Total, in the table tool it is called TotCol.

jsun_06
6 - Meteoroid

@terry10 , Thank you for noticing this. I changed the column name with the Select Tool but still get the same error.

terry10
12 - Quasar

Could you attach a packaged workflow? It's hard to troubleshoot from a screen shot.

jsun_06
6 - Meteoroid

Here is the packaged workflow example :) thanks!

Labels