Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Percentage Calculations

smith439
Atom

Hello everyone,

I am working on a project with two excel spreadsheets where I join them and then create new columns with different formulas, but I am having an issue with finding a percentage formula and implementing it in the workflow. I have the two spreadsheets joined, and I've been able to get a few calculations to work. I'm just not finding a percentage function. Would that be somewhere in Multi-Field Formula function or can I still just use the Summarize function for this? I'm trying to calculate percentage of EVs sold in a given year per location (i.e. state/city) and have a separate column for percentage of EVs that are of a specific make/brand per location. If I can figure that out, I'll be able to calculate the percentage of population that purchased an EV per location and also have a separate column for percentage of population that purchased an EV by brand per location.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

3 ANTWORTEN 3
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@smith439 
If you can share a sample input and output, maybe we can take a closer look.

In general, percentage can be calculated with Fourmula tool after we getting the Sum or use the combination of Transpose and CrossTab to do this.

smith439
Atom

These are my spreadsheets. I've  been able to set up a workflow with a Join and Summarize function. I've also been able to use the Formula function to get a few figures I need for my report. What I am looking to do is calculate the percentage of EVs sold by county and the percentage of Volvo specific EVs sold by county. 

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@smith439 

Thnaks for the sample data.

Maybe I misunderstood your intention but let me try.

0429-smith439.png

Beschriftungen