Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Partner Allocation

IceWinD
5 - Atom

hi, all, this will be my first question posted on community. I'm hoping to get some help on a workflow I'm working on. 

I have two data set. The ABC, LLC file contains entity name and related income data. The partner data file includes entity names and partners in each entity and their ownership%  in each entity.  

I'm trying to joint two files by entity name and then allocate income line items based on their ownership %. I've attached what I built so far and I'm having trouble figure out the income allocation part. In excel, I can multiply the income cell by the ownership % cell but I'm not sure how to do that in Alteryx without transposing them into columns. In the end, I would like to keep the format where entity income on the left side and partner allocation on the right side.

Thanks in advance for the help!

5 REPLIES 5
oneillp111
9 - Comet

@IceWinD can you post what the output should look like? perhaps how you do it in excel

IceWinD
5 - Atom

@oneillp111 Please see attached. 

oneillp111
9 - Comet

@IceWinD , here is a potential solution, at least it might get you further along 

oneillp111_0-1686659116822.png

IceWinD
5 - Atom

@oneillp111 Thanks! This is very helpful and it gives me something to work with. Two things I'm looking forward to fix:

1. I see the partner names are brought in at the end of the workflow by join by record position. I'm not sure this will work when I get to Entity 2. This workflow will be part of a macro I'm building which go down each entity in the data and generate an excel out put. 

2. I need partner names to be in the first line instead of column header because when I output I chose to skip all the field names. 

oneillp111
9 - Comet

Maybe this will work better for the macro?

Labels